F$%# OC Transpo

What do Linear Algebra and the OC Transpo (specifically route 118) have in common? Both are the f---ing bane of my existence.

Yesterday morning the bus drove off when I was approaching and waving him to wait a second. The bus driver took a second to give me a "Haha I'm currently f---ing you over and there's nothing you can do about it" face. In the afternoon on the same bus home, the bus driver passed a dozen stops without flinching. I watched in awe as people were waving the bus down and dropping jaws in confusion when in whizzed by without any reason (the bus was near full but it wasn't nearly as packed as other buses I've been on).

Public Transpo is slow, unreliable, and costly. Why would anyone chose it over driving? I thought that was one of its main purposes in this day and age? To save greenhouse gas emissions.

I won't continue because I could rant on about the system and the billions of flaws it has for hours. I'll just say this for those who stumble upon this blog and don't live in Ottawa: If you visit Ottawa, save yourself a headache and get a Taxi or a friend to pick you up.

No comments: