iPhone - decent data plan = Sucky Phone.


I was truly thinking about going to Rogers for the iPhone 3G. Their iphone specific plans have since been released and are widely overpriced (lowest is $60 for 400mb data, 75 txt, 150 regular minutes, evenings and weekends starting @ 9pm). I don't expect Rogers to match the price of AT&T with a market 1/4 as big as the states, and as much area to cover as the states, but c'mon Rogers, you can definitely meet us halfway!

My roomate (a rogers employee) his since told me that it might be better to attempt at a regular plan (and thus get better customization) since Rogers hasn't stated that you must specifically tie your iphone to an iphone plan. He also mentioned that Rogers may be reserving the first shipment of iPhones for those coming in to switch from a Bell, Telus, or other providers service.
To current clientele of Rogers Wireless: I feel for you.

Check out Ruinediphone.com and sign the petition to join myself and the other 27,729 (and growing) people that will most likely say F-off to Rogers come July 11th and the infamous Canadian release of the iPhone.

No comments: